Monday, December 13, 2010

The F2VEGIE

Several years ago I came across a project by the Malloy Brothers and Jeff Johnson in partnership with Patagonia called "Bend to Baja."  They begin their journey in Bend, OR where they convert an old diesel truck to run on waste vegetable oil.  They proceed to drive all the way to Baja, skiing, climbing, and surfing as they went.  If they can do it, I can do it.  Behold the birth of the F2VEGIE.


I began with a 2001 Ford F250 4x4 Super Duty 7.3 Liter Diesel truck and purchased a VeggieStroke conversion kit from Dino Fuel Alternatives.  The kit was installed by the good 'ole boys at Veg Rev in Oakland, CA. I obtain the waste veggie oil from a local restaurant and filter it in my shed.  I've driven well over 80,000 miles on Waste Veggie Oil and we haven't had any problems...
The truck has been sold and can now be seen shredding Squaw Valley USA! 









No comments:

Post a Comment